Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Heart Hypnosis - My Own Invention



Last week on my way home from hypnotherapy school I stopped by to spend a few minutes with a friend. We'll call him my special friend. It was late and he had fallen asleep before I arrived, so my call woke him up. He came to the door looking sleepy and immediately led me to the couch where he started to drift off back to sleep. Laying next to him, not at all sleepy, my mind started to flit around. I was relaxed, but I wanted to talk or practice hypnotherapy on someone. In the past, I might have been a little frustrated to not have things go how I wanted them to go that night, but I have become much more like water and flow with things. So I thought, "Well, this is what I've got to work with. Let's see what I can make of it." I realized that I was lying right next to his heart area and so I decided to try some heart hypnosis, which I made up at that moment.

I started to mentally project positive suggestions right into his heart. I didn't say anything out loud, so I wasn't sure it would do anything on a subconscious level, but knowing about the suggestibility of water, I knew it would do something on a cellular level.

I mentally suggested things like: "You will sleep peacefully, easily, effortlessly. You will feel calm and relaxed. Your heart is open to ---. Your heart will soften toward ---. You are open to ---." I don't exactly remember what I suggested, but I did this for a while, until he started to snore. That is when I extricated myself from the cocoon, covered him up with some blankets, turned out the light, and went home.

Several days later he called me and said, "What did you do?"

I jokingly said that I hypnotized him into a deep sleep. (Once you start hypnosis school people are afraid that you are going to use magic on them or something, so I sometimes play along.)

"No really. Did you do something to me?"

"Well. Yes. Sort of. I did some heart hypnosis. Which I just made up. Why?"

"Because after you laid down next to me I felt strange things start to happen in my body. It was like I felt my energy changing. Not in a bad way...."

Woah.

He asked me again, "Were you consciously doing something?"

I told him that I was consciously projecting positive suggestions into his heart in an effort, I suppose, to effect/change his energy. And he had just confirmed that it worked. Or, it did something. Woah!

This was powerful confirmation to me of what I am learning, especially after just writing my mantra post and this post, about the Lord's law of health.

I'm guessing my friend attributed these energy changes to me because I was there, but it made me wonder if he feels his energy shift or change when I am not there but am praying for him. And if he does feel it, I wonder what he attributes it to?

Then I thought of all the people who have prayed or may be praying for me that I don't even know about. From now on, whenever I feel a surge of happiness, well-being, or experience a miraculous events turn of events, I will make sure to say a silent thank you.

6 comments:

  1. That's stinkin' awesome. Someone told me once about sending loving energy to their troubled teenager when he was sleeping. Just sitting in the room and loving them in their sleep. Amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! oh i love this. i've been thinking about this kind of thing a lot lately. in the past i would have thought it was totally kooky, but not anymore. we really underestimate the power of our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this sometimes with my babies. I put my hand on their backs while they are sleeping and "send' them love. I don't know if they feel it but I hope that they do. This also makes sense about how women "talk" to their unborn babies and communicate with them on a deeper, more spiritual level. I hope your special friend's heart starts soften a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of the book The Giver and the sharing of memories, especially between the boy Jonas and the baby Gabriel, who was a very fussy child and wasn't growing well and hardly slept. Jonas would put his hand on Gabriel's back and "send" him memories of positive feelings and colorful, happy images, which helped Gabriel sleep and grow. I always loved that idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails