Monday, November 2, 2009

More on Being Led

Since writing my post on ballroom dancing I decided to read all the scriptures on leading and being led. If you do a search for lead on the online scriptures you will find a lot of references to people being led astray. Dark and dreary stuff, but the Topical Guide has the good concise list. Here are some of my favorites.

1 Ne. 4: 6
And I was aled by the Spirit, not bknowing beforehand the things which I should do.

1 Nephi 17:13
And I will also be your alight in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the bpromised land; and ye shall cknow that it is by me that ye are led.

Alma 31:5
And now, as the apreaching of the bword had a great tendency to clead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God.

Rev. 7: 17
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of awaters: and God shall wipe away all btears from their eyes.

D&C 78: 18
And ye cannot abear all things now; nevertheless, be of good bcheer, for I will clead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the driches of eeternity are yours.

D&C 112: 10
Be thou ahumble; and the Lord thy God shall blead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.


This is a vulnerable time in our lives, and when we are vulnerable, we are easily led, that's why we need to be careful it is by the right source, as opposed to the wrong source or every source, which will keep you changing directions as fast as a squirrel.

It occurs to me that it is for this very reason that people who plan to birth at a hospital hire doulas. They want someone who can be their advocate in a situation where they know they will be vulnerable.

I'm not comparing God or anything to a doula or vice versa. Definately not. (Maybe my doula...) I am just saying that we need to make decisions now to help ourselves when we know we will be most vulnerable.

I think these are some of the most poetic scriptures and they give me great confidence and peace about where I have put my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails