Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Collaboration

The process of writing this book has been an interesting journey. It all began more than 3 years ago when I was lying in my final resting pose in prenatal yoga class and I knew that I needed to write a spiritual birthing book for LDS women. Beyond that, I didn't know much. For the next couple of years I read as many birth books that I could find that fell under the category of "spiritual" (these were from many different faiths). I also wrote a book proposal and started writing sample chapters. I worked on it in occasional spurts, but it was largely on the back burner until this summer, when I couldn't turn off the spigot of inspiration. Since then, I have been led and directed at every turn. This fall, I felt that I needed to collaborate with other women who had different strengths that me and was immediately, upon acknowledging this inspiration (and letting go of my ego, pesky thing that sometimes wants to control things), I was led to who, and eventually, to how (logistics). I'll write more about this later, I'm sure.

There are currently five other women who are contributing to this book. Some of them are bloggers and I have linked to their blogs, but I have also asked them to contribute guest posts, because their spiritual insights are totally unique and different than mine. I am so excited to "introduce" them, and to share their wisdom with you. So, in the next few days and weeks, look forward to some awesome posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails