Friday, December 11, 2009

Links to Interesting Birth Stories

I have had the flu and pneumonia, and though everything else is not working right, the flow of inspiration doesn't stop--to my amazement or dismay. Today I dragged myself out of bed to write some things down and 3 hours later, I realized that I was all aglow. I didn't feel sick at all. Now, however, it is time to rest. Here are some stories I was sent recently, and they are so good, I can't keep them to myself.

Stephanie Coleman, mother of 6 kids, and now a midwife, has some interesting experiences that are worth reading:

Here is a great post about her daughter's recollection of being born (via c-section). It is amazing what kids remember, and a gift to her mother that she was able to articulate it just then.

Stephanie also had an intense experience when she was on the way to the hospital to give birth to her 5th baby. Stephanie is a great example of someone who was able, despite lots of stress and vulnerability, to make conscious choices about her care and rely on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails